- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
“Art upsets, science reassures”
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Art upsets, science reassures"
popular stereotypes frequently present the scientist and the artist as extreme opposites in their pursuit of understanding the scientist as being objective, disciplined and rational, and artist as being subjective, impulsive and imaginative. Braque described it very felicitously by saying: Art upsets, science reassures.
Yet, are they really so different in the ways they look at the world? To what extent do you consider these stereotypes accurate, and to what extent do you consider them distortions of the ways in which the sciences and the arts give us their knowledge?
Living in this world, we have many opportunities to appreciate both fields of science andart. This includes various activities like exhibitions or, in science, we are also notice its usefulness from the fact that many synthesized fibres are made into our clothes and so on. Further, we are clearly aware that within these fields there are experts; scientists and artists. In an effort to know what they both work on and what they are we have created stereotypes, which remain persistentlyon our mind and sometimes are extremely useful for us to categorize things . On the other hand, it could create
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- AS Photography - Statement of Intent
- Photography Project Evaluation. Theme of "Journey"...
- How does colour affect the mood of the art work? Examinatio...
- Compare Two Photographs by Two Different Photographers
- Fashion is the style and custom prevalent at a given time. P...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.