- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Fay Godwin, a biography.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Art & Design and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Fay Godwin first became interested in photography in the mid-1960s as a result of taking pictures of her young children. Alongside early portrait work, she developed a sophisticated landscape practice, often collaborating closely with writers to produce in depth surveys of particular rural topics or regions. Her photography has sometimes been linked to a tradition of romantic representations of the British landscape, in the manner of Bill Brandt or Edwin Smith. But, as a socialist and active environmentalist, Godwin makes the land in her photographs reveal traces of its history, through mankind's occupation and intervention.
This image is called "The Trough Area at Chivas"; it was part of a 1982 book and exhibition, 'The Whisky Roads of Scotland'. The subject of the study was whisky manufacture in the northeast. This is a picture in black and white with the foreground blurred because of the movement of the worker. Five verticals line are disposed on the floor to show the profundity of the place and series of barrel roll are left of the picture. The background is described as a bright light and four range of light on the ceiling.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art & Design (view all)
- Andy Goldsworthy was born in Cheshire in 1956 he was brought...
- Personal Study - Journeys.
- Art Research- Karl Blossfeldt
- The Link Between Fashion And Art
- Fashion is the style and custom prevalent at a given time. P...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.