- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How different businesses use market segmentation.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Radio 1 Extra- Radio 1 extra just like all the other radio stations need to recognize their market segment and are able to relate to them so they keep on listening to their radio station.
Radio 1 extra isn't a radio station that appeals to everyone; they have targeted only a few market segments. There are several ways Radio 1 extra can segment and define their markets.
One way Radio 1 extra segment their market is by age. Most people who listen to the type of music that they play are young people aged from around 18-30. This is because they listen to newer types of music and more mainstream music rather than listening to music which is quite old. This is shown because they play more mainstream and new music which is in the charts rather than music which are considered 'classics'.
Another way Radio 1 extra segment their market is by lifestyle/music. Most people who listen to Radio 1 extra are people who are young have either working lives or go to university. Because of this they tend to just listen to music that's in the charts and is popular.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing & Research (view all)
- e-marketing strategy
- Impact on Automobile Industry Due To Recession in India
- Concepts and Principles
- Barista Coffee Shops Case Analysis. Was the current pricing ...
- Nestle-History and consumer behavior tactics
- M1-Compare marketing techniques used in marketing products i...
- Describe how marketing techniques are used to market product...
- Marketing Analysis of Dominos Pizza
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using profession...
- Explain the role of advertising agencies in the development ...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.