- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
BTEC National Certificate in ICT Systems Support
Business Information Systems
Assignment 1 - Organisational Structures
1)i) The two main types of business organisational structures are:
ii) The business organisational structure that would provide the most error-free communication to and from management would generally be the centralised structure. A decentralised structure is loosely controlled and is usually largely autonomous, whereas a centralised structure has little freedom of action and is under strong control. This allows management to keep a firm grasp on what is happening within the business, thus keeping communication as error-free a possible.
Centralised organisations rely on a governance structure where information management reports up through a single chain of command. Decentralised organisations, on the other hand, distribute the management of information through a multitude of functional and regional command chains.
2)i) Functional areas that would be found within a service organisation would most likely include the following:
* Human Resources ( core function)
* Purchasing ( operational function)
* Order Processing ( operational function)
* Quality Assurance ( operational function)
An operational function is an area
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- Evaluate the Uses and Benefits of Computers In Accounting.
- Computerised Accounts - What are the advantages and limitati...
- of the trading and profit and loss account and the balance s...
- Customer Service Assingnment
- My aim is to research and produce a formal business report o...
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
- technological change
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.