- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A report on the ICT system of the UCI cinema.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A report on the ICT system of the UCI and how it meets the needs identified in (a)
By Ben Hewison
In UCI cinemas they use the following system:
UCI main hardware components and their purposes:
THE MOUSE: The mouse contains a small ball inside a casing, which rolls along a surface and makes contact with two rollers either side of the casing one rolling vertical and the other horizontal, these send signals to the computer as they rotate forwards and backwards. The keys on the mouse, when pressed, cause a simple electrical contact, which again the computer recognises it and the click does what you need it to do. The mouse is very useful and is a quicker way of moving around the computer or for using quick entry on the computers point-and-click systems like windows. The disadvantage for the mouse is that unlike a keyboard it can't enter text and due to their moving parts they tend to wear out quite easily.
UCI uses a mouse at the box office to select a certain ticket for a film and for the age pricing when the customers are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Influential Factors in Choosing a Programming Language
- Explain sequence, selection and iteration as used in compute...
- Explain the component parts of a computer system - Include b...
- Biometric devices.
- This report will examine the importance and the usages of PD...
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student