- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Characteristics and Development of RFID - Radio frequency identification.
The first 200 words of this essay...
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Case Summary 1
The Characteristics and Development of RFID 3
Significant of RFID Technology 4
RFID Benefits versus Barcode 5
RFID within Retailing 7
Implications and Recommendation 7
Wal-Mart, the world leading retailer, announced it will expand its rollout of radio frequency identification (RFID) to a total of 300 suppliers by 2006, following meeting with its top vendors. The retailer's top 100 suppliers have already agreed to implement RFID by January 2005. Wal-Mart plans to have the inventory tracking system, which uses radio frequency technology, in six distribution centers and 250 Wal-Mart stores and Sam's Club stores by next June. By October of next year, the program will include up to 13 distribution centers and up to 600 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores. By the start of 2006, Wal-Mart's next top 200 suppliers will begin tagging cased and pallets, bringing the total to 300 vendors.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology has been in commercial use since the early 1980s. It has been employed, for instance, on highway and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Design and Technology (view all)
- I will be comparing men in black and terminator two (MIB) an...
- What is Design? (Victor papaneck's views)
- D H W - 1 INSTALL HOT WATER SYSTEMS & COMPONENTS
- One invention that is being used in every country is an infa...
- Analysis on product design
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.