- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Language of Performing Arts
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Language of Performing Arts
The intention of my three minute dance piece was to express the poem "At 3am" by Wendy Cope. I managed to do this by doing actions in threes which illustrated the time 3am, the ticking of the clock and expressed the key themes through use of movement. The aim of my three minute drama piece was to create a piece based on a girl being involved in a hostage situation and how the mother dealt with it. The objective of my music piece was to create a three minute song with a theme of my own choice. The intention of my integrated piece was to create a piece that expressed a poem of my group's choice, using elements of dance, drama and music.
There were links between proxemics, space and texture in my performances. This is because the three elements relate to the arrangement and organisation, which allows each element to convey the mood, emotions and theme. For example when the general space is used in dance to convey the lonely and empty mood, we used proxemics in drama when there is large distance between Zainab and the rest
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Plays (view all)
- Outline your set design for Antigone and explain how it woul...
- Consider how the audience is terrorised by the film Jaws mak...
- Performance notes on our piece - John Godbers Teechers
- Sean OCaseys "Shadow of a Gunman". How would you p...
- Drama Portfolio - Too much Punch For Judy
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.