- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Essay on nothing.
The first 200 words of this essay...
English 12- 2
14 October 2003
Essay on nothing
We start, then, with nothing, zip, pure, zero, nada. But this is not the nothing of negation. For not means other than, and other is merely a synonym of the ordinal numeral second. As such it implies a first; while the present pure zero is prior to every first. The nothing of negation is the nothing of death, which comes second to, or after, everything. But this pure zero is the nothing of not having been born. There is no individual thing, no compulsion, outward nor inward, no law. It is the germinal nothing, in which the whole universe is involved or foreshadowed. As such, it is absolutely undefined and unlimited possibility -- boundless possibility. There is no compulsion and no law. It is boundless freedom.
Nothing means: No thing; not anything: The box contained nothing. I've heard nothing about it, No part; no portion: Nothing remains of the old house but the cellar hole, One of no consequence, significance, or interest: The new nonsmoking policy is nothing to me.
According to the traditional
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- Grouping texts on the basis of shared linguistic features. T...
- Commentary for English Language AS. The article I chose to w...
- Theories Of Language Development - Chomsky and Skinner
- Writing to persuade Stop smoking leaflet
- "A Sort of Preface" is a short piece of prose writ...
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.