- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
IMAGE OF EAGLE IN ALLAMA IQBALS POETRY
The first 200 words of this essay...
IMAGE OF "EAGLE" IN IQBAL'S POETRY
Iqbal is the best articulated Muslim response to modernity that the Islamic world has produced in the twentieth century. His response has the following dimensions:
* A creative engagement with the conceptual paradigm of modernism at a sophisticated philosophical level through his prose writings, mainly his "Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam" which present his basic philosophic insights.
* His Urdu and Persian poetry which is the best embodiment of poetically mediated thought, squarely in the traditional continuity of Islamic literature and perhaps the finest contemplative or inspired poetry in the modern times.
"Eagle" is a potent and powerful symbol applied in an aptly unique style and prolific fashion by Iqbal in his poetry. He is keen to select the eagle because of its courage, great strength, self-reliance and superb aerial skills. The eagle does not attempt to live of the efforts of others. It flies high and seems to have no concern to build its nest in wild and mountainous country. It is guardian of liberty, courageous protector of its young ones and fearlessly combats any threat to their safety. It lives an austere life and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Poets (view all)
- Write about the ways that Coleridge tells the story in Part ...
- What methods does Rossetti use to tell the poem Maude Clare?
- How does Coleridge use setting in the first two parts of &qu...
- Reveal the Journey in This is a photograph of me Margaret A...
- Christina Rossettis The Convent Threshold. Write about the ...
- Write about Auden's narrative methods in '1st September 1939...
- Thomas Hardy- the Walk Analysis
- Discuss the following poem (A Thunderstorm in Town by Thomas...
- Comment closely on the following poem (The Self-Unseeing by ...
- Write about Coleridge's use of Symbolism in Part I of The Ri...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.