- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Live and Let Live.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Live and Let Live
As a foreigner coming to England, I was very curious as to the reception I would receive from
English students. My English was not brilliant and when I did speak, I had a strong accent. I thought I
was going to be the butt of all jokes the whole year round.
It was my first day at school and I had just woken up from terrible nightmares about what was
just a few hours away. It was time to go, the moment I had been dreading for the past twelve weeks. I
had been dreading this day ever since I left my old school because I had always been at the centre of all
laughter back in the Bahamas. Here it was, right in front of me. "Wow, the facilities are great," was my
first impression. I had never seen football pitches are in such good condition, and coming from the
Bahamas I had never seen so much grass. This was very pleasing and my attitude to English culture
changed dramatically. I walked through the front
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Language: Context, Genre & Frameworks (view all)
- The History of the English Language
- Language Change: from Old English to Modern English.
- "It is often stated that speakers of non-standard diale...
- How do infants come to understand and produce their first wo...
- Causes of language change
- Write a critical analysis of the text you have read. Isabel...
- Two texts that portray food to lack comfort and nourishment ...
- JFK Inaugural Address Analysis
- Reflect on some aspects of your own personal talk (idiolect)...
- Analyse the growth of linguistic development in children. T...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.