- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Of Mice And Men
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Of Mice and Men"
Memories? Yeah, I've had plenty, seen men come an' go on this ranch, so many I can't hardly remember them, but two stick in my mind like it was only yesterday, but must be near on twenty years ago...oh I'm Slim, I lead the mule team, sure does beat busting a gut bucking barley...now where was I? Yeah, that's right...these two guys...
Came in one Friday, Boss was sure mad 'cos they were late. You've never seen such an odd pair - George, he was small, neat, quick witted but Lennie, my was he huge! Funny thing was his name was Small! He was like a great bear and he wasn't too clever either. Funny how he and George strung along together.
Anyway, they come in Friday, Boss had been given us hell all mornin'! I was out on the fields when they came out. Candy was with them and seemed to be showing them around the barn. Lennie seemed excited bout somethin'. George came over and introduced them,
"Hi, I'm George and this big fella' here is Lennie." Lennie then tried whispered something to George but I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- Crooks- Of Mice and Men.
- Curley's Wife
- 'Of Mice and Men' - The killing of candy's old dog foreshado...
- Loneliness in Of Mice and Men
- What contribution does Slim make to 'Of mice an men'.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.