- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What are the factors that led to contemporary differences in development between countries?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What are the factors that led to the contemporary differences in development
Newly industrialised country's or NICs are those formerly LEDC's that have industrialized rapidly in the last 20 years by exporting manufactured goods to richer countries and reinvesting the profits in their economy . The most common of these NICS are found in South East Asia and include but are not limited to South Korea , Taiwan ,Singapore and Hong Kong . Other NIC's are as a result of the discovery of Oil . These oil rich countries are mostly found in the middle east and include The United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia. Much like the Asian NICS these oil rich countries have used the profits from the vast expanses of oil at their disposal to develop their countries and their economy .
NICs have developed due to a solid combination of Social , economic , political and physical factors working in their favour , the opposite could be said of LEDC's like Haiti which are very poorly developed . Beginning with political factors , the downfall for most LEDC's is the abundance of corruption in their governments . Most of their leaders are too
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- Influence of colonialism: Culture coherence and diversity in...
- What role can Finance play in developing the Nigerian Busine...
- Cyprus: Perfect Holiday or Perfect Hell?
- How effective is tourism as a development strategy.
- The Peak District - What problems does tourism bring.
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
- To what extent do Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) meet...
- How energy secure are we in the UK?
- It may seem that the spice trade in ancient times and modern...
- World Development Essay. The Role of Charities.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.