- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cache level 3 unit four - explain how strategies to establish and maintain healthy, safe and secure environments in early years settings are supported by legislation
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task one E1 & D1: explain how strategies to establish and maintain healthy, safe and secure environments in early years settings are supported by legislation
* Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
* Reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences regulations 1995
All employers have legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Employers must meet certain rules to make sure everyone in that place of work is safe. It also means employees have to be careful that there are no risks of injury to anyone. In a childcare setting the Health and Safety Act states "buildings should be in good condition and designed with the safety of users in mind, buildings and surroundings should be clean and safe and equipment must be safely used and stored." As practitoners, everyone in the childcare setting must know what their health and safety policies in their settings are.
This act helps maintain healthy, safe and secure environments as it safeguards both the children and the adults working with them, this is done as the employers and employees have to ensure the workplace is safe and appropriate information such as training and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Discuss difficulties that may arise when implementing anti-d...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I shall begin to justify how an ethical approa...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.