- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Should Smoking be banned in all public places?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Jenny-lee McGinty Wednesday Night English Class
Smoking be banned in all public places?
Smoking came to Britain Should in the 1600's but only started to become fashionable in the nineteen sixties and seventies. The main attraction to smoking came from the idolisation of pop-stars and supermodels that smoked, but did not know the risks. Today we do know the risks, so why do so many still smoke? One reason is that many people who smoke started when they were young teenagers, when they did not understand the risks associated. Instead, their only aim was to have the right 'look'. Others may have been driven through the desire to appear older. Teenagers may also have started to smoke due to the influence of peer pressure. Statistically, not many people begin smoking at a later age. Usually the reason behind starting to smoke as an adult is due to work related pressure or simply stress. Statistically, there is a greater percentage of women smoke than men this is due to using smoking as a slimming aid.
Hundreds of people die from smoke related diseases each year. Deaths caused by smoking are six times higher than the 20,170 deaths
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.