- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How does Stanley Kubrick adapt the horror in Stephen Kings novel The Shining for the visual medium of film? Discuss with close reference to both the novel AND Kubricks film
The first 200 words of this essay...
DA1248 TRANSFORMING TEXTS (2010-2011)
ASSESSMENT: Portfolio of work
10. How does Stanley Kubrick adapt the "horror" in Stephen King's novel The Shining for the visual medium of film? Discuss with close reference to both the novel AND Kubrick's film.
I decided to compare the novel of "The Shining" by Stephen King to the Film directed by Stanley Kubrick.
By reading the book carefully and watching the movie I have noticed that some of the colours used by Stanley Kubrick are different from the ones in the book. I have few examples defining this statement, First of all the red VW in the novel is yellow in the film, The snow-cat in the novel is yellow but Kubrick decides to make it red in the movie. The last example I have noticed is that Jack's yellow ball in the film is Danny's Red ball in the Novel.
As we can see the colour yellow and the colour red are inverted and this choice Stanley Kubrik made is not random in fact he uses this sort of unusual reflection of these two colours because mirrors are an important symbol in the movie.
Stanley Kubrick has made many
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Films (view all)
- Film Review of "3 Idiots".
- Pans Labyrinth: Real or Fantasy? There is no question in my ...
- Fight Club
- Analysis of Pretty Woman. The popular romantic comedy, Pret...
- Film Studies, Presentation Script
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.