- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Travel and Tourism Unit 8 Task A
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Has terrorism had a negative effect on the travel and tourism industry?"
I chose this title because terrorism is an issue relevant to the travel and tourism industry today. Following a number of high profile terrorist attacks, awareness of terrorism has grown considerably and I think it will be interesting to research the impact that this has had on the travel and tourism industry.
Terrorism is defined by The United States Department of Defence as "the calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological."
Terrorism is primarily considered to be a political issue as terrorist groups are usually in conflict with a certain government. However, terrorists aim to draw the attention of the local population, the media and the rest of the world as a result o their attacks. Terrorism is described as "a criminal act that influences an audience beyond their immediate victim." [www.terrorism-research.com] For example, the Black September Organisation killed 11 Israelis at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Effective Practice in safeguarding Children within a Multidi...
- The Cockroach by Kevin Halligan
- The UK would benefit greatly from the wider use of referendu...
- Personal Statement for Arts application
- The influence of the style of European cuisine on British cu...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.