- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Miss Congeniality - Film analysis.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Miss Congeniality Analysis.
For my analysis of mise-en-scene and sound of a seven-minute sequence, I chose one of the final scenes from Miss Congeniality (Sandra Bullock, Benjamin Bratt, Michael Caine and Denise Burgen).
The film is about The Miss United States pageant - a scholarship programme seeking beauty and grace from all it's contestants. That is until tomboy Gracie Hart (Bullock) enters the running. Forced to go undercover as to investigate a threat from one of the country's most infamous criminals 'The Citizen', Gracie has to change her image from rough and tough agent to exquisite beauty queen. In such desperation, the head of the FBI operation Eric Matthews (Bratt) hires Victor Melling (Caine) to transform Gracie into a beautifully convincing Miss New Jersey. When the killer is suddenly captured, Gracie suspects that there is more to The Citizen's threat and insists on staying at the competition as an anonymous guardian to the contestants.
The sequence begins when the Miss United States beauty pageant starts. The music 'One in a Million' sang by Busson starts to play, and the curtain rises to reveal the all the contestants except Gracie aka Gracie-Lou Freebush who is waiting at
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- The Musical Role of the Bass Guitar
- Too Much Punch For Judy Development Phase
- Comment on the ways in which Mahler organises his thematic m...
- Annotation of Composition
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.