- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Still Life At The Penguin Caf Essay - The Great Auk
The first 200 words of this essay...
Still Life At The Penguin Café Essay-
The Great Auk (Section One)
During this first section of dance I will be evaluating the actions, dynamic quality and use of space within in the piece.
Actions consisted of such like turns, jumps and gallops during the part where the section consisted of just 'Auks'. These signify happy type movements and as most of these were low to the ground it gave an idea of the typical motifs for a penguin to move with. As their arms were either locked holding the waiters tray or in sharp, low penguin arms, this too contrasts well with the idea that the dancers are Auks. A more detailed look at this first section and it is possible to name such movements performed. Examples are the use of simple petit allegro steps, polka gallops and terre a terre, which all are low to the ground that again gives an understanding to the typical penguin movements.
In the second part of the section for the Great Auk, female dancers come to dance with the male Auks. These women are more fluent with their movements as they are to symbolise a bird,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- An analysis of Sweelinck's 'Pavana Lachrimae'
- Compare and contrast ‘Ghost Dances’ and &a...
- 'The seven deadly sins' was the stimulus for the integrated ...
- Is It Acceptable for Composers To Borrow and/or Adapt Existi...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.