- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
British Democracy - the bestpossible system of government
The first 200 words of this essay...
British Democracy - the best possible system of government
It is interesting to note that no matter how hard we try to convince ourselves that our country has the oldest and best democratic system in the world, the facts point to the contrary conclusion. The more one looks at our governmental system and processes, the more one realises that it is an outdated democracy that needs upgrading. Despite our democratic pretences, we are a country that likes the security of our wholly uninspiring system of government and we are loath to change it!
This opinion is probably one that you would not agree with, and perhaps this view is extreme. However, it is interesting to look at our modern democratic system and ask questions. The more one looks, the more one sees and the more one doesn't like.
Let us begin by looking at the current Labour government, New Labour with all its promises and policies of the manifesto. This was to be a new era of change, of radical reform and dramatic difference. Three years on, one must ask oneself, how much has actually changed? The health service is still riddled with problems almost too profound
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Philosophy (view all)
- Are Judges Politicians In Disguise?
- A Study of Carl Rogers' Theory of Personality
- Douglas McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y(1906-1964)
- Can the use of the First Past the Post electoral system be j...
- Compare and Contrast Positive and Negative Conceptions of Li...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student