- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare and contrast theories of crime
- Essay length: 2442 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2007
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Compare and Contrast
Theories of Personality
Evaluate their usefulness
"Compare and contrast theories of personality and evaluate their usefulness at explaining criminal behaviour"
During this report I will be looking at cases of true crime whereby the criminals are considered to be showing different types of personality which where considered reasons for criminality. I will be demonstrating how some trait theories may understand the reasons for the individuals committing such crimes and contrasting theories and evaluating their usefulness in their explanation of criminal behaviour.
What is criminal personality?
When using the term personality we are using it to define and describe an individual's temperamental and emotional attributes, (S. Jones 2006) these are the ones that are deemed consistent as these will influence behaviour so that a person is compelled to behave in this way almost daily. Therefore is would be fair to say the term criminal personality means a person who is of the nature to commit crime due to their temperament, characteristics pattern of thinking, feeling
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- How does the media influence young people in today’...
- Compare biological and psychological explanations of gender ...
- The five major perspectives in Psychology and their main str...
- Define Psychology using four perspectives; Psychoanalytical,...
- An investigation of self-descriptions based on data collecte...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.