- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Counselling - focus on the issue of alcoholism and the effect it has upon an individuals Psychologically.
The first 200 words of this essay...
COUNSELLING MAY 2003
In modern society today there is an increased awareness of the many Psychological Issues which effect the health and well-being of individuals. The range of these psychological issues is vast and includes Phobias, Stress and Anxiety, Depression, Addiction and much more. Within this paper I will focus on the issue of alcoholism and the effect it has upon an individuals Psychologically and offer an insight into the support that is available. I will aim to present a good variety of background information which offers an understanding of alcoholism. I then intend to outline the psychological issues concerning alcoholism and how these may effect the clients progress in addressing the difficulty. I will also include an insight into the support, the treatment and processes of which the client is encouraged to work through in order to reduce the effect of alcoholism on their lives.
Excessive alcohol usage is a feature of many groups and individuals world-wide, especially those of lower social status and income. Alcohol abuse and its many social, economic, and psychological effects are now considered one of the major public health problems worldwide. (Hellman, C. 2001) In the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physiological Psychology (view all)
- Discuss research into stress-related illness and the immune ...
- Outline and Evaluate the biological model to Abnormality.
- Outline and Evaluate 2 Biological Explanations of OCD
- Discuss two or more explanations for the success and/or fail...
- Outline and evaluate two social psychological explanations f...
- Describe biological therapies for schizophrenia
- Research that has suggested a link between Stress and Person...
- Outline and Evaluate Psychological Stress Management Methods...
- Discuss the Biological Approach to Psychopathology
- Outline and evaluate research into short term stressors
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo