- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discuss the impact of Day Care on Peer Relations
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Developmental Psychology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the impact of Day Care on Peer Relations (6+6)
Day care is probably the most common example where infants and children experience physical separation from their primary attachment figure. Day care is a form of temporary care that is provided by people that aren't family or friends and usually takes place outside the home environment. Day care involves childminding or day nurseries. Childminders take care of small groups of children in their own home and are registered with the local authority.
Peer relations refer to how you get along with people around you and how you react to certain stimuli, which you come across which in this case at day care (nursery).
It is often suggested that day care can have positive effects on the sociability of the child, particularly in respect of relationships with peers. Using the peer relationships with the link to day care, Shea in 1981 carried out a study on infants in nursery. Shea videotaped 3-4 years old infants at playtime during their first 10 weeks at nursery school. Shea found that children became more sociable the longer they were in daycare. They stood closer together and engaged in more games
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- An investigation of self-descriptions based on data collecte...
- Outline and evaluate psychological explanations of schizophr...
- Psychology is the study of mind, emotion and behaviour
- Theories of Human Development - Stages of Development
- Supporting children's mathematical, communication, language ...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.