- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Sleep disorder - 'Insomnia'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
University College Sedaya International
In this assignment I would like to introduce a type of sleep disorder called 'Insomnia'. It defines, as the chronic inability to sleep, Insomnia is a very common condition, with many types of sleep disorders, and disturbed sleep patterns, such as difficulty in falling asleep, and will awaken soon after falling asleep. I also include the three major factors that cause insomnia. They are biological factor, sociocultural factor and cognitive factor. The example of my friend, Annie is elaborated in the following pages in order to show as the example. As well as the treatment that would help Annie recovers from insomnia.
In order to know what sleep disorder is we should first have some knowledge about sleep. What is sleep? Many of us would think that sleep is only when we rest our bodies and minds by being in the stage of unconscious. But it is not only that, actually sleep is not an unconscious experience, but a complex combination of conscious and unconscious awareness. During sleep, we usually pass through five phases of sleep: stages 1, 2, 3, 4,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physiological Psychology (view all)
- Stress can be explained as the stimulus in the environment t...
- Outline and Evaluate the biological model to Abnormality.
- The Circadian Rhythm
- Depression. There are several approaches to depression, two...
- Discuss the research methods used to investigate biological ...
- Describe biological therapies for schizophrenia
- Research that has suggested a link between Stress and Person...
- Outline and Evaluate Psychological Stress Management Methods...
- Discuss the Biological Approach to Psychopathology
- Outline and evaluate research into short term stressors
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.