- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Bioethics is the branch of ethics that arises from issues relating to life and death. The response of Jewish adherents to issues such as IVF, abortion, euthanasia, stem cell research and suicide expresses the teachings of Judaism on bioethics. For adherents of Judaism, the most significant principle driving bioethical decisions is to follow the will of God. This demands a great reverence for human life. With close reference to Euthanasia and Abortion in the context of variant responses, we will be able to witness how the bioethical teachings of Judaism are expressed.
The basic guideline to follow the will of God will guide bioethical decisions made by the Jewish adherent. They will make a decision that they believe is protective of human life and maintains the covenant with God. All variants agree that life belongs to God and is a sacred gift, created in the God's image. This equal value for every individual life drives a responsibility to protect life and heal the sick. Such claims are supported theologically, in the Decalogue; the 6th commandment "thou shalt not kill" suggests the protection of human life. In every bioethical issue, Jews seek to preserve the dignity of life
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Judaism (view all)
- Explain how Jewish people put their beliefs about Israel/Zio...
- Importance of Holocaust Today
- What is the Torah and Why is it Important To Jews?
- What is the difference between Orthodox Jews, Progressive Je...
- Different Types of Jews.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Zoey. University Student.