- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Christianity and Judaism
- Essay length: 3596 words
- Submitted: 08/03/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISM
Julia Lot, nº16
As we know, every religion has its own sacred text. The Bible, holy book, is the sacred text of Christianity. Christians believe that the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible could be described as a small library. The books in the Old Testament were written by different people over hundreds of years. Only a few people wrote the books in the New Testament over a period of fifty years or so.
The Bible is divided in two parts:
1. The Old Testament (or Jewish Scripture)
Was written before the time of Jesus. It remarks the story of God's people, the Jews. This part is special to the Jewish people. It is at the front of the Bible.
2. The New Testament
Was written after the time of Jesus. It remarks the story of Jesus and the first Christians. This part is special to the Christian people. It is at the back of the Bible.
Christians read both parts of the Bible; they read the Old Testament because it tells the story of how God prepared people for the coming
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Buddhism (view all)
- Comparison Study of Jainism and Buddhism
- Buddha was a religious innovator Assess this view. I will be...
- Critically examine the contributions which Ashoka made to th...
- Modernity and Enlightenment
- Life of the Buddha.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.