- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Biology Report - Effect of Environment on Phenotype
The first 200 words of this essay...
REPORT - THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON PHENOTYPE
DATA COLLECTED 4-7
RELIABILITY AND VALIDILITY 8
The phenotypes of many flowering plants that share a common genotype, are often affected by their environment. Phenotypes result from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors. By altering a particular feature of the environment in a controlled situation it is possible to demonstrate this concept. I have chosen to observe the effect of the alteration of a pH on a plants phenotype. A perennial geranium plant was used for this investigation, as it is fast growing, and ideal for cuttings. The pH was altered between cuttings of the same genotype, and a change in phenotype was measured according to root growth.
To demonstrate how the alteration of a plants pH, or environment, will cause changes in the phenotype of that organism.
The alteration of pH in the plant's environment will result in the variation of root growth. PH affects plant
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Genetics, Evolution & Biodiversity (view all)
- MENTAL HEALTH
- Compare the Similarities and Differences between Meiosis and...
- Structural Properties of mRNA and tRNA
- Nature vs. Nurture - And its affect on intelligence, persona...
- Mutation and its Consequences - Gene mutations occur when th...
- Genetically Modified Foods Research.
- Alzheimer's Disease Report
- The incurable nature of Huntington's disease and current tre...
- In this essay the researcher will discuss the impact of Mult...
- Biology Issue Report on GM Foods
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.