- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cell Theory - Discuss the theory that living organisms are composed of cells.
- Essay length: 10631 words
- Submitted: 21/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
IB Biology Syllabus
1.1 Cell Theory (3h)
1.1.1 Discuss the theory that living organisms are composed of cells.
1.1.2 State that a virus is a non-cellular structure consisting of DNA and RNA surrounded by a protein coat.
A virus is a non-cellular structure consisting of DNA and RNA surrounded by a protein coat
1.1.3 State that all cells are formed from other cells.
All cells are formed from other cells
1.1.4 Explain three advantages of using light microscopes.
* Colors of material from specimen can be seen
* Living material can be studied and larger field of view
* Cell activities and movement can be studied
1.1.5 Outline the advantages of using electron microscopes.
* Greater resolution so smaller structures can be seen
* gives interior/3-D view
1.1.6 Define organelle
Organelle - a small body with a specialized structure within a cell for a specific function
1.1.7 Compare relative sizes of molecules, cell membrane thickness, viruses, bacteria, organelles and cells, using appropriate SI units.
* molecules - 1 nm
* macromolecules - 100
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Genetics, Evolution & Biodiversity (view all)
- MENTAL HEALTH
- Mutation and its Consequences - Gene mutations occur when th...
- Compare the Similarities and Differences between Meiosis and...
- How far do you agree that teamwork was the most important fa...
- Structural Properties of mRNA and tRNA
- Genetically Modified Foods Research.
- Alzheimer's Disease Report
- The incurable nature of Huntington's disease and current tre...
- In this essay the researcher will discuss the impact of Mult...
- Biology Issue Report on GM Foods
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student