- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Refraction of Light Lab Report
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Physics Lab Report
Refraction of Light - Air into Glass
When light travels through different mediums, it is being refracted. The purpose of this lab is to test Snell's law of refraction.
The angles of refraction that I predicted from the angle of incidences by using Snell's Law are below on the predicted angle Column. To obtain these values I used the index of refraction of crown glass because it is more likely close to the glass (plexiglass) that we are using.
Angle of Incidence
Predicted angle of refraction
Variables and Controls:
Independent Variable: The angle of the light coming from the ray box or the angle of incidence
Dependent Variable: The angle of refraction on the plexiglass.
Controls: The mediums where light travels (air and plexiglass).
- ray box
- white paper, protractor and pencil
1. I folded
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Microscopes & Lenses (view all)
- Investigating the relationship between the image distance an...
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of A Light And Ele...
- An Essay about Microscopes
- The focal length of a convex lens.
- Ray tracing
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'