- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The right target market
The first 200 words of this essay...
One of the most important marketing functions for a firm is finding the right target market. A target market by definition is: "a group of consumers at whom the seller specifically aims its marketing efforts". Identification and selection of the target market is crucial for a firm's marketing strategy to be effective. In the process of finding the target market the first and probably the most crucial step is market segmentation.
Market segmentation in general is differentiating groups of people in the market, so that the firm may find similarities between certain groups and therefore construct a target market. Many companies' previously developing products for diverse markets have found that the resource draws unsustainable as consumer demand has dwindled. This has led to greater emphasis on defining the characteristics of accessible and financially viable consumer groups in order to target the unique benefits of an existing product portfolio and rationalize production and marketing costs in the process. The nature of service sector products facilitates product and market differentiation with enhanced opportunities for cost control and productivity gains. A good market segmentation program in effect saves the company resources and hits the market exactly where the company has
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Marketing mix
- This coursework entitled "Marketing" is about crea...
- The following report is on Tesco and is focusing on their pr...
- Development of a coherent marketing mix.
- Marketing is the management process responsible for identify...
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.