- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This report has been written in order to show how successfully the company - 'Boots' is in running its human resources department in order to meet its business objectives.
- Essay length: 5826 words
- Submitted: 17/09/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
This report has been written in order to show how successfully the company - 'Boots' is in running its human resources department in order to meet its business objectives. The report has been divided into four parts to ensure a comprehensive coverage of Boots has been researched and also to give the report a main structure of the human resources departments. Part 2 will be discussed in depth.
Part 1 = Planning
Part 2 = Recruitment & Selection
Part 3 = Training & Development
Part 4 = Performance Management
This unit provides an insight into how businesses recruit and manage their human resources. It shows that if businesses are to achieve their objectives, they must plan their human resource function so that they have the right number of employees with the appropriate qualifications and training to meet the needs of the business.
Successful human resource management requires that a business takes account of changes in the labour market and employment legislation to keep its employees motivated, to monitor their performance and to help them continuously develop through additional training.
What is Human Resource Management?
Human resource management includes a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Stakeholders At Tesco
- McDonald's. What are the Management functions at McDonald's?
- McGregor -Theory X and Theory Y
- Sainsbury's organizational structure.
- Identify and analyse current difficulties faced by British A...
- Preparation For An Interview Notes
- Business Studies- How Technology has Influenced Business and...
- Identify how two organisations plan recruitment using intern...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student