- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The novel "The Stone Angel" by Margaret Lawrence can be described as a modern tragedy.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A modern tragedy is an imitation of an action that is serious, complete, and of a certain
magnitude; in a language established with each kind of artistic ornament, the several kinds being found in separate parts of the play; in the form of action, not of narrative; though pity and fear affecting the proper purgation of these emotions. The novel "The Stone Angel" by Margaret Lawrence can be described as a modern tragedy because of the tragic plot, the tragedy in a character and the specific elements of a tragedy.
The plot in tragedy is the belief that the action and the plot are the most important elements in a modern tragedy. The character is important but without a constructive plot there could be no tragedy. Firstly, the reversal of situation is a factor in the development of the plot and "The Stone Angel" happened to have a strong contrast from circumstances. In the beginning she belonged to her family, she always had a place in life until Marvin and Doris brought up the idea of an old age home. Te plot is more important in "The Stone Angel" because the events in the story contribute
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Reviews of Personal Performances (view all)
- Critically evaluate the practical use of Person-Centred Coun...
- In this essay I will explore Carl Rogers core conditions and...
- In Scott Russell Sanders "The Inheritance of Tools,&quo...
- Drama Essay - Blood Brothers
- Characters in Teechers
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo