- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
David and Goliath
The first 200 words of this essay...
David qualifies as an epic hero because of his penitence to Lord, his bravery in battle and for his civil leadership skills over Israel. Because of this he won the battle over the fierce, intimidating, and skilled warrior named Goliath. Stood up to Goliath with the courage of the Lord, when no other would volunteer and manifesting Israel to make the people believe that they did have a God. He one multiple battles in the hand of Lord and never disobeyed the Lord's commands. He acknowledged his sins and repents to Lord for forgiveness.
David starts his repentance to Lord for the first time in Samuel 2 Chapter 12 verse 13, by saying to Nathan "I have sinned against the Lord." Then Nathan answers David by saying "The Lord on his part his forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." This is when David has impregnated Bathsheba with a bastard child while her husband, Uriah, was fighting for David on the battle lines and refused to leave his fellow soldiers to do as King David demanded. David
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
JRR Tolkien (view all)
- Cousin Kate.
- Comparing the similarity in themes in Alex Garland's 'The Be...
- Small Potatoes
- Comparison of 'Cousin Kate' and 'The Seduction'
- English coursework To explore the poem 'Cousin Kate' by Chri...
- Lord of the Rings book report. Plot outline and themes.
- The Hobbit
- Lord of the Rings
- Book report on The Lord of the Rings, part oneThe Fellowship...
- The Hobbit
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.