- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Educating Rita is a play about a woman who is determined to get a liberal education which will open a full new life for her. Educating Rita was a play written by Willy Russell in 1985 and the play is set at a university in the North of England. There are many themes that run through the play including: Personal relationships, Educating, Contrasts and clashes of culture and Differences. Willy Russell was born in Liverpool from a working class background. As a youngster Russell first was a hairdressers apprentice but later made and ran his own salon. Only when Russell became an adult did he begin to think about further education. Now Russell is a very famous play write and novelist and has constructed many fine plays and novels throughout his career including: the blood brothers, our day out and many more.
The leading characters in the play Rita follows Russell's background we know this because Russell before himself was a hairdresser and then though about further education as does Rita. The Play has only two characters Frank and Rita and only one setting; Franks office at the Open University. This unique feature of Russell's
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Educating Rita (view all)
- Janice Galloway's short story 'Someone Had To' - review
- Educating Rita: Rita Character Analysis
- Educating Rita - Analyse the character frank and his attitud...
- Educating Rita. How the character of Rita changes.
- Life is a struggle, sometimes you have to lose something in ...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.