- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
English speaking and listening olympics presentation
The first 200 words of this essay...
Do you remember that nail-biting moment on 6 July last year?
The world was finally going to discover which city would hold the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012...
After several tense rounds of voting by the International Olympic Committee two cities remained in the race. Would the winner be London or Paris?
The crowds in Trafalgar Square watched the big screens nervously. All over Britain people crossed their fingers, and hoped that London would be the winner............
On July 6th we went from London 2012 candidate city to London 2012 host city.
Thousands of fans, some in tears, danced and cheered as ticker-tape and balloons flew around their heads.
Fans had flocked to the Square for a two-hour party but most stayed on well into the afternoon, with many waving flags, to celebrate London's success
There will be an 80,000 seat Olympic Stadium to host the opening and closing ceremonies, as well as the Athletics. Ten separate train lines serving three stations will ensure that one train arrives at the Olympic Park every 15 seconds. The Olympic Javelin high-speed shuttle service will provide a link
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
William Blake (view all)
- I am going to compare three very different poems which have ...
- Compare and contrast Blake and Wordsworth's view of London W...
- Creative Writing about A Holiday in London
- Three different poets' views of London.
- A Symbolic Analysis of William Blake's "London".
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.