- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and Spoonface Steinberg by Lee Hall
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparison of A Pre-twentieth Century Text
With a Twentieth Century Text
For my comparison I have chosen the following novel and play to compare, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and Spoonface Steinberg by Lee Hall. The two authors of these stories show different ways in portraying first person narrative and childhood. The way that they use these two main themes is what I have chosen to compare.
Spoonface Steinberg is a heart-warming, funny and moving story about life, death and faith, told from the viewpoint of a young autistic girl dying of cancer.
Jane Eyre is a story of a young girl who is orphaned into the household of her Aunt Reed at Gateshead and is subject to the cruelty at Lowood charity school. Jane Eyre is a girl who grows up to be a heroic, powerful and passionate woman and her story shows the changes and inspirations that made her search for a wider and richer life than that traditionally accorded to her sex in Victorian Society. Charlotte Bronte wrote the book in 1847 and it is split up into 3 volumes, indicating the three different stages of her life.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charlotte Bronte (view all)
- What symbols and themes are represented in The Yellow Wallpa...
- Discuss the various ways in which Charlotte Bronte creates s...
- Book Review - "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bront&e...
- To what extent is Jane Eyre 'an angel in the house'?
- What Makes Jane Eyre An Unusual Woman For Her Time?
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo