- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The development of agri-businesses may be creating more problems than it is solving. Discuss
- Essay length: 2954 words
- Submitted: 29/12/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Pg 2 Introduction
Pg 2 Table of biases
Pg 3 When and why Gm crops have been developed, plus the main organisations involved
Pg 4 Top 10 agrochemical companies, countries pro and anti GM
Pg 5 Map of the world showing the main crops grown and where abouts they are grown
Pg 6 Who really benefits from GM, Socio-economic factors
Pg 7 Socio-economic factors continued, Environmental factors
Pg 8 Environmental factors
Pg 9 Environmental factors continued, Health factors and Consumer choice
Pg 10 Consumer choice continued
Pg 10 Future
Pg 10 & 11 Conclusion
Pg 12 Bibliography
The Agribusiness sector is a 'chain' of industries directly and indirectly involved in production, transformation and provision of food, fibre, chemicals and pharmaceutical substrates.
One issue governments are resolving at the moment is the issue of GM crops, they are the new expression of agri-business and this is the issue I shall look at. GM crops represent one of the biggest decisions the government faces. They signal an irreversible shift in farming and could determine what happens to food production patterns. GM is a technique whereby individual genes are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physical Geography (view all)
- Bradshaw model detailed description
- Earthquakes in MEDC's and LEDC's
- Why did so many people die in the Kobe Earthquake?
- How to prevent flooding!
- What should hapen to Happisburgh?
- Fold Mountains case study - Andes
- The Mariana Ocean Trench Case Study
- Eyjafjallajkull - the Icelandic volcano eruption
- Case study of Bangladesh and Boscastle Floods.
- Why did Haiti suffer more than Kobe as a result of an earthq...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.