- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
David Korten and Cornel West both setup possible societies that include within them a moral ideal.
The first 200 words of this essay...
David Korten and Cornel West both setup possible societies that include within them a moral ideal. These two ideals have many similarities to each other, but also a few key differences. A conglomeration of prophetic pragmatism and Korten's moral ideal is possible, but not necessarily desirable. The key differences are in the area of environmental sustainability (which prophetic pragmatism does not deal with), and with cultural reciprocity.
Korten's moral ideal focuses on equality of opportunity, the fulfilling of basic needs (food, shelter, health care), environmental sustainability, small units of government and business, and the necessity for love to control human interactions. Korten puts most of his emphasis upon environmental sustainability. He argues that through a reduction in consumerism, and everyone accepting the responsibility for the environmental cost of their consumption a balance could be reached that would guarantee sustainability of the environment in perpetuity. This would require that everyone agree upon a maximum amount that each individual can consume based upon the total resources available, not how much money they make or how valuable they are to society.
Envision a world were no one was hungry or lacking in shelter, health care or education. Individual consumption
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- A Guide to Standard Grade History: Essay Writing
- How and why did castles change over time?
- Did England become Protestant in the sixteenth century?
- oliver cromell- hero or villain?
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.