- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Dear Diary, It was the start of the Christmas month and I was ready to battle it out in the war.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Day 1 - 01/12/1914
It was the start of the Christmas month and I was ready to battle it out in the war. Today I was going to be entering the great World War with my mates, and to battle for life till the end. I ended up now, as a soldier going to battle because there was a shortage of men and 10,000 of our men were wiped out because we had no proper tactics. Our men just ran out onto no-mans land and they were shot, all 10,000 of them. So this was my chance, at the age of 19, to battle and leave my family. I had to leave my mum, my dad and my little brother Johnny. Now I, Mr Sommers, was ready to battle, but terrified.
I was trained for two weeks in camp and then I had to set of, for a 60-mile journey, down to no-mans land. The journey was a combination of a train journey and several hours of marching. We had two days of rations to take, and the 150 rounds of bullets. I only took an extra pair of socks, but then
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- Why Did The First World War Break Out in 1914?
- To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Was The Treaty Of Versailles Justified?
- Why did The League of Nations fail in the Manchurian Crisis?
- Causes of World War 1
- The League of Nations: Its achievements and its failures
- Describe the Causes of WW1
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair?
- "The League of Nations was doomed to fail from its crea...
- Why did war break out in 1914?
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.