- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How justified were the German objections to the Versailles Treaty?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How justified were the German objections
to the Versailles Treaty?
The Treaty of Versailles was signed on the 28th June 1919 and was the Treaty that dealt with with Germany at the end of the First World War. It is said that the harshness of the treaty the cause of the Second World War as it partly caused the rise of the Nazis. There were many complaints from Germany that were largely ignored by the Allies and there are good reasons for their objections. However, there are also events that make the German objections seem less justified.
One fact that supports the German objections was the fact that the treaty was negotiated as a 'Diktat' treaty. This meant the Germans had no say whatsoever in the initial planning and negotiation of the treaty; they did send representatives to Versailles but they were not allowed to take part in the actual negotiations. This was not at all fair on the German people and gives the German nation fuel for their objections to Versailles. It also is not a good way to discuss a peace treaty, as if you want to prevent a war
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- Was The Treaty Of Versailles Justified?
- Why Did The First World War Break Out in 1914?
- Was the treaty of Versailles too harsh on Germany?
- Explain how the Schlieffen plan was meant to work. How did ...
- Why did the Germans hate the treaty of Versailles?
- The League of Nations: Its achievements and its failures
- Describe the Causes of WW1
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair?
- "The League of Nations was doomed to fail from its crea...
- Why did war break out in 1914?
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.