- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Which was more important as a reason for the development of the Cold War Stalins action in Eastern Europe 1945-49 or the Truman Doctrine and the Marshal Plan 1947 1948
The first 200 words of this essay...
History Homework - Which was more important as a reason for the development of the Cold War in the years 1945 - 1948
* Stalin's action in Eastern Europe 1945-49
* The Truman Doctrine and the Marshal Plan 1947 - 1948
Stalin's actions in Eastern Europe helped develop the Cold War because he slowly took over the countries of Eastern Europe who were quite weak as these countries were in Nazi control and were devastated after the war. Stalin's army freed each of these countries from the Nazi's and set their communist governments in these countries. Stalin also broke his promise that he will allow free elections in Eastern Europe. The reason why Stalin imposed Communism on Eastern Europe was because Stalin wanted to build a buffer zone on the Western border because this would prevent and further invasion of Soviet Russia. Stalin did this to product Russia as Russia was affected very badly from both World War One and World War Two. However the West believed the Stain did this because he wanted to spread Communism all around the world. This shows that Stalin's action in Eastern Europe created tension and suspense and this
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1945-1991 (view all)
- Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- Why was there a Cuban Missile Crisis
- How did Mao Zedong secure control of China in the 1950's?
- Was the Cuban Missile Crisis a Success for Containment?
- The role of the Berlin airlift and the Korean War in the dev...
- Edexcel Cold War 1943-1991 Revision (Detailed)
- Why did communism collapse in Eastern Europe and the USSR?
- Key figures in the Hungarian and Czech Uprisings
- How successful were the PLO in promoting its cause between 1...
- Who was to blame for the cold war?
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.