Affects Of ICT
Extracts from this document...
Task 1: Identify the effects of ICT on the individual Internet: Messenger: * What is this? - Messenger is form of communication between two or more people based on typed text over the internet. * How you use it-I use msn to keep in touch with all of my friends and family. The Xbox 360 also has a messenger section. * Advantages-Using messenger is cheaper than using your mobile phone and you can also talk to a certain amount of people at the same time. * Disadvantages- The downside of using messenger is that people can send on viruses through files. Email: * What is this? - Email is where you can communicate electronically on the computer. * How you use it - I use email to send my work to teachers. * Advantages - Some of the advantages of using email are that it is fast and that it's also inexpensive. * Disadvantages - The disadvantage of using email is that the sender could send viruses and malware through attachments if recipient doesn't scan it. WWW: * What is this? - WWW is the World Wide Web; it consists of internet sites that offer text, graphic, sound and animation resources. * How you use it - I use the World Wide Web to help me with my homework, or use it for playing games; you can also watch official music videos on Youtube. ...read more.
Another disadvantage with game consoles is that the games and accessories for the console are quite high-priced. MP3 Player: * Definition - A definition of an MP3 (Moving Picture Experts Group-1 Audio Layer 3) it is a device where you can store all your songs. * How you use it - I use my MP3 player to listen to my music. You can download audio files for an MP3 player from the internet. * Advantages - The advantage of having an MP3 player is that you can download revision programmes so you can revise whenever and wherever you want (E.g. Bus or car) * Disadvantages - Disadvantages of an mp3 player is that, the battery usually runs out fast. One of the disadvantages of an MP3 player is that people get addicted to them, and if they listen to it too much people put there hearing at risk. Digital TV: * Definition - Digital TV is the sending and receiving of moving images and sound. * How you use it - I use digital TV to watch different things, such as: Cartoons, Movies, Sport and documentaries. * Advantages - Some of the advantages of Digital TV is that it has improved quality of picture and sound with an existing TV sets and high definition TV with HDTV, it also has interactive multimedia services. ...read more.
* How you use it - Many people use voice recorder to record a speech or a song. The police use voice recorders to gather information about an incident or to get evidence about something. * Advantages - The advantage of a voice recorder is that it helps you record and playback conversations. Voice recorders are also easy to use so it will be easy for elderly people to use. * Disadvantages - The disadvantage of a voice recorder is that it has poor quality recording, voice recorders are also fiddly. Voice recorders now are a bit out dated. Scanner: * Definition - The process of translating photographs into a digital form that can be recognized by a computer. * How you use it - You can use a scanner to backup hard copy files and photos to digital format and send via electronic mail. * Advantages - The advantage of a scanner is that you can copy things onto computer and you can then edit the thing you've copied. Scanners are very accurate and can produce reasonably high quality images. * Disadvantages - The disadvantage of a scanner is that images can take up a lot of memory space, Images lose some quality in the scanning and the quality of the final image is reliant on the quality of the original image. ...read more.
This student written piece of work is one of many that can be found in our GCSE Communications section.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- 150,000+ documents available
- Just £6.99 a month
- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month