- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
words in newspapers
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Mathematics: Data Coursework
Read All About It
My aim is to write a hypothesis comparing the length of words in newspapers and magazines. I also have to design and carry out an investigation to test my hypotheses. I will use articles about a similar topic and compare both newspaper and magazine to this topic to see which has the longest word. I will record my results on a number of graphs such as bar graphs, tally charts, cumulative curves and box and whisker diagrams.
I will look at which has longer words in sentences, newspaper or magazine?
I predict that the newspaper will have longer words that the magazine.
I predict that the newspaper will have more words in sentences than the magazine.
Practical problems that may occur are that I cannot find a similar article in the magazine b using a particular topic such as football; I can use an article from a newspaper about football and use a magazine about football.
The newspaper I have used is the Daily Mirror and the magazine I have used
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing length of words in newspapers (view all)
- Language of Speech - In this essay I will analyse the speech...
- The aim of the experiment was to see if people's attention i...
- To test if preventing the rehearsal loop by an interference ...
- Glasgow Sonnets by Edwin Morgan
- Compare Nooligan by Roger McGough with Street Boy by Gareth ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.