- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparison of two adverts
The first 200 words of this essay...
English media coursework
Advert 1 - Pulsar watches
I found this advert in GQ magazine. GQ magazines demographics are young single or married working men, from around 20 to 40. The Articles in this magazine vary from fitness to fashion to bikini models to interviews with such stars as Collin Farrell and Thierry Henry. The advertising agency have decided to target the range of watches at this group of people. Young working men are fashion conscious and have a high disposable income. The bachelor image of these men reflects on their desire to attract women with their style of expensive clothes and accessories.
The word pulse is found in the name pulsar. This represents the tick of the watch marking rhythm of time. The connotation of this name is the passionate heart beat and dynamic activity of a mans life. Pulsar is the 'value' range, which is a euphemism for a slightly cheaper range, of Seiko Watch Corporation. Seiko watches are world renowned for horological excellence and design. When choosing a name for a multinational product a company have to make sure that the brand name can cross linguistic barriers. The structure of this word works when
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- The purpose of advertising is to inform or persuade people t...
- How do advertising images persuade us to consume?
- Analysis of Lacoste Touch of Pink magazine advert.
- “The language of advertising”.
- The advert I have chosen for my analysis is the Nissan Micra...
- Analysis two advertisements for the same products aimed at t...
- Tennant's Lager Advert Essay
- Advertisement Review - John Lewis's 2011 Christmas TV ad.
- How is Lady Gaga represented across two different mediums?
- Evaluating two promotional videos - Music Video Tyler the cr...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.