- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Running head: Small Business
Professor Larry Thompson
March 23, 2010
One of the most important things you should have when you set up a business is a strategy. A major part of your businesses strategy should be how your business will compete efficiently in the marketplace and remain lucrative even in times of economic uncertainty (Yukl, 2005 pp. 376). Developing a strategy is one of the most important actions a company will engage in.
First your strategy should include clear and focused goals and ground rules for achieving those goals (Develop, 2010). The people working for you should know where the company is going and how it will get there; it is important that the team members and leaders stay informed on company goals and progress. Next, to avoid a downfall in profits it is vital that you have leaders in place that can evaluate the need for a major change in the current strategy and who are able to evaluate the likely outcomes of a new strategy (Yukl, 2005 pp. 377- 380).
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Water Pollution and Case Studies
- manufacturing specification
- Business plan. Pet planet the business will be a puppy train...
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 219
- How to write a good CV
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.