- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Should parents be allowed to smack their children?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Coursework B - Should parents be allowed to smack their children?
Introduction to the Issue
In recent years public opinion on physical punishment has changed dramatically. Fifty years ago corporal punishment was common in schools. Now it is virtually non-existent. Corporal punishment is not considered acceptable elsewhere, such as within the army or the police. The sole place physical punishment is found legally today is with parents smacking their children.
The law currently allows parents to smack their child with an open hand, providing it leaves no visible mark. This means that children may not be hit with and object (such as a slipper) or a fist. To protect children, only their parents are allowed to smack them although parents may chose to give childminders permission. Smacking is considered abuse if the two conditions are not met, for example if bruises form or a parent kicks their child.
For Smacking - the Christian Institute
The Christian Institute get their views on smacking from the bible. As Christians, this holy book is at the centre of their faith; its contents are considered by them to be the authoritative guide on how to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Who is responsible for Desdemona's death?
- Importance of Following Instructions
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 202
- Describe an exam room
- Essay on Gender Equality
- Citizenship Task. Our aim was to raise awareness of the iss...
- Synopsis on Cocacola
- Humans and Other Species
- Considering careers - Restaurant Manager and Agent or Busine...
- GCSE Astronomy Controlled Assessment B4: Constellation Photo...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo