- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Revision - Fairness and Justice. Rights and responsibilities as a British Citizen?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Fairness and Justice
1. Rights and responsibilities as a British Citizen?
Rights are in place to enforce laws, justice or morality
An example is Human Rights Act
Responsibilities are something which you are responsible for or a rule
An example is that parents are responsible for their children
This stands for Universal Declaration of Human Rights
This document is important because it helps create friendly relations between nations.
This stands for European Convention of Human Rights
This document is important because it protects rights and fundamental freedoms in Europe.
This stands for Human Rights Act
This document is important because it gives further effect on UK law to the rights contained in the European Convention of Human Rights.
Civil liberties are the freedom of a citizen to exercise customary rights
An example of a civil liberty is freedom of speech
This stands for Amnesty International
This charity is important because it works to protects people's human rights around the world.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Politics (view all)
- How important a contribution is made by the Ombudsmen to the...
- Distinguish between the different functions of the House of ...
- Have modern Liberals abandoned individualism and embraced co...
- How did Mussolini consolidate his power?
- To what extent was there a 'post war consensus' between 1945...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.