- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe what Christians believe about the nature of God.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Philosophy and Ethics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 1- The Nature Of God
a) Describe what Christians believe about the nature of God.
b) Explain how a Christian might show respect for the bible in his or her daily life.
c) 'There is no evidence that god exists.'
Do you agree? Give reasons to support your answer, and show that you have thought about different points of view. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.
a) Christians are monotheists. This means that they believe that there is only one God. According to Christianity, God is unlike anything else that exists. This means that it can be very difficult to describe God, because to use everyday language is inadequate and would limit his all powerfulness. God is often described as 'holy', which means special, separate and different.
* God is eternal, beyond time and space.
* God is not limited by having a physical body, and is everywhere at all times.
* God is the creator of the world and everything in it, and has a purpose for the world.
* God is perfectly good and perfectly loving.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Existence of God (view all)
- Explain and illustrate the differences between prepositional...
- Evil and Suffering
- Individual religious experience means individual religious f...
- Waiting for Godot
- A) For what reasons may suffering create philosophical probl...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.