- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discuss different beliefs around death.
The first 200 words of this essay...
I have always been slightly afraid of death, how I would cope if someone close to me died, or what happens to me when I die. I have been brought up as Church of England, and so, therefore I believe that when we die, our souls go to heaven.
However, I also have had a non-religious input, as well. It is for this reason, that I am not entirely convinced that there is a God, and so, I am don't think that I am completely 'entitled' to believe that I will go to heaven when I die ~ (ridiculous, I know!)
I believe however, that regardless of how amazing and peaceful heaven is, death (ie the gateway to heaven) is not something to look forward to. I am of the view that life is sacred, and that, I am certain about.
I do not believe that we are reincarnated, because I have had more Christian impetus, and so I believe that after death, the soul's life on earth stops, and stays in heaven for eternity.
As a result of this project, I have become much more aware of the beliefs of other religions,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Capital Punishment Amendment Act 1868
- Case Study on Capital Punishment Derek Bentley and Chris Cra...
- Critically evaluate arguments for and against the death pena...
- Mary and Norma Bell.
- Crime and Punishment in the Elizabethan Age.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.