- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Divorce should never be allowed. Discuss.
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Divorce should never be allowed'. Discuss.
Divorce is the legal dissolution of marriage. I think the statement means that once a couple gets married, they are married for life and therefore should never get divorced.
Roman Catholics believe that divorce shouldn't be allowed; supporting this statement, this is because at the Sermon on the Mount; Jesus Christ said 'I hate divorce'. Roman Catholics believe marriage is a sacrament and means they don't allow divorce because this would go against religious teachings. However, Church of England allows divorce, but only as a last resort. They believe that the couple should try counselling such as Relate first. There are certain circumstances where divorce is granted, which include cases such as abuse or adultery. A quote to support this is when Jesus said 'whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery' at the Sermon on the Mount. I agree with the Church of England view because sometimes things may happen which are uncontrollable and you may not be able to live in the marriage anymore.
An annulment is a cancellation of the marriage, stating that it never happened and the marriage is void.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Family, Marriage and Divorce (view all)
- Does Marriage Have a Place in Today's Society?
- Describe a Catholic Wedding Ceremony and the Ideals Expresse...
- What do the marriage vows demand from a Catholic couple, liv...
- Discuss to what extent the family is in decline in modern Br...
- Religion and human relationships Religion and medical ethics...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.