- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Do you agree with Christian and Utilitarians views on fertility treatment ?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Roman Catholics believe that AID, surrogacy and embryology are wrong, no matter what the circumstances may be. They believe this because AID introduces a third person into the marriage partnership and thus violates the sanctity of marriage principle and it a type of adultery. Although AIH does not violate this principle. Traditional and gestational surrogacy also violates the sanctity of marriage principle with adoption being a more natural process. IVY and embryology destroys embryos in the research process when 'spare' embryos are no longer required. This violates the sanctity of life principle suggesting life/personhood begins at conception and it technically murder (Divine Law - 6th Commandment). Furthermore, humans have a right to life (natural law) and should not be used as means to an end (deontological). If the IVF process does not destroy embryos, it is permitted.
Therefore Catholics would disagree with embryology as it goes against the teachings about the sanctity of life. Using embryos for research is the misuse of human or potential human life. I disagree with the Catholic view because it should be up to the husband and wife into whether they decide to use AID or surrogacy.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Ethics (view all)
- "The greatest happiness for the greatest number" U...
- Outline the main features of Jeremy Bentham's guide to makin...
- Describe the Christian teachings about the way in which beli...
- Aristotle - Virtue Ethics Essay
- Explain the theory of Virtue Ethics.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.